Русский язык English language

  • Посмотреть отзывы на booking.com
  • Отзывы о нас на Флампе

«Oktyabrskaya»  Hotel 17, S.Kovalevskaya str., Yekaterinburg, Russia, 620137 +7 (343) 385-97-47, bron@hotel-okt.ru

Yekaterinburg (from 1924 to 1991 — Sverdlovsk) — is the fourth most populous city in Russia (after Moscow, St. Petersburg and Novosibirsk), the biggest administrative, cultural, scientific and educational center of the Ural region.

Yekaterinburg is the creation city after reforms made by Peter I. The growth of power and military, the extension of foreign relations, the development of internal market force in the Russian state – all these factors caused the growing of metal demand and gave an impulse to creating a huge iron and steel base in the Urals with its rich resources.
In the Soviet period active building and development of Sverdlovsk took place, new districts such as Uralmash appeared. At present time there are many buildings belonging to constructivism architecture in Yekaterinburg. It is one of the biggest collection in the world.
Yekaterinburg has more than 600 historic and cultural monuments, 43 of them are the objects of federal significance.

The Square of the year 1905 — is «the main» square of the city in the heart of Yekaterinburg. The citizens usually call it «the square of the fifth year».
Its modern look appeared in 1930, after the demolition of Epiphany cathedral which was situated there, as the common area of two earlier existing squares: Cathedral square and Main Trade square. Such streets as Weiner Street, Uritsky Street, 8th of March Street, Bank and Volodarsky Lanes lead to the square. In the east and west the square is restricted by Lenin's Prospect.


Pre-revolutionary architecture

Mining authority's Pharmacy was built in 1820, it is situated on Ekaterina's square (Labor square) Lenin Prospect, 37. This remarkable two-story building with mezzanines in the spirit of city private mansion belonging to the classicism period. It was built according to the project of the famous classicism architect Michael Malakhov in 1821. A fenced garden with beautiful gates was behind the house. In 1969 the building was reconstructed. In spite of later changes, the complex retained the look of a city manor of the period of classicism typical for the time of building. Nowadays this museum is a historic landmark of federal importance. At present the building belongs to Museum of Stone-cutting and Jewelry art history.

The Old railway station — is a building of the former railway station in Yekaterinburg built according to the project of the architect P.P. Schreiber in 1878. It is situated in the Railway district of the city on the territory of the Ekaterinburg – Passengers' station, near the present railway station and not far from the “Ural” underground station.

After the present railway station had been built in 1914, the old railway station was used only for trains arrival and departure carrying the armed forces representatives around the country.

In 2003 after the reconstruction the building was turned into the open-air museum of history, science and engineering of the Sverdlovsk railway.

Ipatyev's house — is a non-extant private house at the corner of former Voznesensky Prospect and Voznesensky Lane in Yekaterinburg. Nicholas II with his family and servants was executed in the night of the 17th of July, 1918 in the vault of this house. He was the last Russian emperor before his abdication dated on the 2nd of March 1917.

The house was built in the late 1880s; it was bought by the mining engineer Ipatyev in 1908. In 1918 it was confiscated for Nicholas II and his family accommodation. After the expulsion of the Soviet power the house was returned to its former owner for a short period of time who emigrated from Soviet Russia soon.

In 1927-1932 Museum of Revolution was located in the house, later on there were offices belonging to different authorities. In 1975 Politbureau made a decision to demolish the building. It was performed by the first secretary of Sverdlovsk regional committee CPSU B. Yeltsin in September of 1977.

In 2003 the Temple-on-the Blood was built on the place where the house was situated before.

Yekaterinburg state academic opera and ballet theatre — stationary opera and ballet theatre in Ekaterinburg founded in 1912.


Yekaterinburg palaces and manors

Rastorguyev - Kharitonov palace — is one of the most valuable palatial residences in Yekaterinburg. It is an architectural monument of the federal significance. It is situated on K. Libknecht Street in the city center (Kirovsky district), on Voznesenskaya hill.

Tarasov’s manor on the City pond embankment. Merchants Tarasov’s family settled on the City pond embankment in the middle of the 19th century when they bought an old stone house from G. Zotov’s heirs who controlled Kyshtym mining district before. From that time the embankment was called after Tarasov. The manor was built in the period of classicism architecture in Yekaterinburg. The architect M.Malakhov possibly took part in its building. Even though its appearance was changed by eclecticism which was popular in the second half of the 19th century, the building managed to retain its style. The Ural mine technician society accommodated in the wing of Tarasov’s manor in 1910. The society secretary was V. Byckov. It was also Bolsheviks’ secret house (Northern wing). Only part of the buildings remained till the present: the main two-storey house, one-storey wing (Southern), the stone fence with the gates. Nowadays the manor is a part of the architectural complex belonging to the residence of the Sverdlovsk region governor.

Sevastyanov’s house in Yekaterinburg (also known as a Trade union) is a palace built in the first quarter of the 19th century on the bank of the City pond which was formed by the dam on the river Iset. It is one of Yekaterinburg architectural monuments which particularly differs from other city mansions by its size, monumentality, style, magnificence and elegance.

Zheleznov’s manor was built in pseudo-Russian style at the end of the 19th century (1892-1895) by Yekaterinburg architect Duetel (according to other sources – by A. Turchevich). The name of the customer is unknown. Alexey Zheleznov bought the manor later; at least there is no existing evidence of his moving to Zlatoustovskaya street before the year 1907. Some details of the building made of brick look like a wood carving. The house looks like a Russian “terem” made of red (“pood”) brick, it resembles the merchant house of N.Igumnov on Bolshaya Yakimanka created by Jaroslavl architect N.Pozdeev. The manor estate complex includes the main building with a wing, the yard and a wide fence with gates. At the end of the 19th century there was a rich garden with a marble fountain, coming down to the river. Nowadays the garden is gone wild, the fountain does not function. The manor joins the list of heritage cultural sites located on the territory of the municipal Union “Yekaterinburg city”.


Churches and monasteries

The Monastery of Holy Royal Martyrs — is an orthodox male monastery belonging to the jurisdiction of Yekaterinburg and Verkhoturye eparchy of the Russian Orthodox Church. It is built on Ganina Pit, the place where the bodies of Nicholas II and his family were burnt according to one of the sources.

Alexander Nevsky Novo-Tikhvinsky monastery — is an orthodox female monastery in Yekaterinburg. Alexander Nevsky’s cathedral is the main church and an architectural monument of late classicism.

The monastery history started at the end of the 18th century, when the alms-house at the Uspenskaya cemetery church had appeared. In 1809 the female community serving in the alms-house was reorganized into a female monastery with a hostel.

The Temple-on-the Blood (the full name: the Temple-Monument on the Blood in the Name of All the Saints, Resplendent in the Russian Land) — is one of the biggest orthodox temples in Russia.

The Temple was built in 2000-2003 on the place where the last Russian tsar Nicholas II and his family were executed on the night of July the 17th, 1918. The Temple consecration took place on July the 16th, 2003.

At present the Temple is a place of pilgrimage for believers not only from all parts of Russia but also for those who live abroad. Apart from this the Temple attracts attention of many tourists coming to Yekaterinburg, including famous politicians, art representatives, etc.

The Temple in Honor of the Ascension of Lord (Voznesenskaya / Ascension Church) — is one of the oldest orthodox temples in Yekaterinburg.


Soviet avangard and Soviet monumentalism architecture in Sverdlovsk

County Officers’ house — is a historical and architectural landmark of the federal significance, built in Sverdlovsk (now Yekaterinburg) in 1932-1941. It is located on Pervomayskaya street, 27. The architect is V.Yemelyanov.

Sverdlovsk state academic music comedy theatre — was founded in 1933 in Yekaterinburg. From 1986 it became an academic theatre (when the city got back its historical name, the name of the theatre did not change). It is one of the leading theatres representing the genre of operetta, musical comedy and musicals in Russia, many times winner of the National theatre award “Golden Mask” (including three awards for the best performance in the operetta / musical genre).

The Central stadium — is the biggest sporting venue in Yekaterinburg, its big sport arena includes a football ground and athletics complex – 8 race tracks, sectors for broad jump and shot-put.

The stadium was built in 1953-1957, in 2003 it was closed for football matches; from 2006 till 2011 the stadium was on reconstruction, the only investor of which was “Sinara Group”. The reconstruction deadline was changed several times (originally it was planned to finish the work in November 2007, as a result, the stadium was opened only 5 years after the beginning of the reconstruction – on the 19th of August 2011, shortly before the 288th of Yekaterinburg foundation day).

The stadium is to hold the World Cup football matches in 2018.


Dams and bridges

The City pond's dam on the river Iset — It is a dam which is situated on Iset river in Historical park in Yekaterinburg, built in 1723, later it was rebuilt for several times. People often call it “Plotinka”. It is a traditional place for folk festivals and celebrations.

The Stone bridge — is the first stone bridge across Iset river in Yekaterinburg. It was built in 1840-1844 according to the architect project of E.Sartorius, it has the status of historical and architectural landmark of federal significance, it is situated on Malysheva street. The bridge is made of rubble and granite flagstone. Metal pales are added to the setting of all bearing parts for durability. Two powerful stone oxen support semicircular arched vaults in the river channel. The bridge architectural decoration was finished in 1841. Four stone pillars-obelisks were placed at the bridge's ends and a fence in the form of a cast-iron forged grate with 17 stone pedestals was made. In 1950s when the trolleybus was run alone Malysheva street, the bridge roadway and the pavement were reconstructed and covered with asphalt, the grates were also changed. But in general the look of the bridge practically did not change and its shapes perfectly complete the complex of Historical park in the city center.

The Tsar's bridge — is a bridge across Iset river in Yekaterinburg. It was built in 1889-1890 according to the architect project of S.Kozlov. The bridge was built instead of the wooden one, which was constructed in 1824. The bridge has a status of historical and architectural landmark of federal significance, it is situated on Dekabristov street. In 1824 the emperor Alexander I visited Yekaterinburg for the first time. The bridge across Iset river was called the Tsar's bridge in honor of the event when the emperor's procession moved over this bridge.


Museums

Sverdlovsk Regional Local Lore Museum — крупнейшее на Урале музейное объединение, филиалы которого расположены в 10 городах Свердловской области.

Основан 29 декабря 1870 года (10 января 1871 года по новому стилю) в Екатеринбурге Уральским обществом любителей естествознания. Здание на ул. Малышева, 46, в котором сегодня размещается музей, принадлежало уральскому предпринимателю Альфонсу Фомичу Поклевскому-Козелл.

History and Archeology Museum of Middle Urals

Radio Museum in the name of A.S. Popov, филиал Свердловского областного краеведческого музея, был открыт в 1986 году и за минувшие годы стал одним из наиболее посещаемых в области. Его основателями были внучатая племянница А.С.Попова М.В.Гуляева и начальник Свердловского радиоклуба, старейший радист нашего города Ф.П.Кислицин. Музей располагается в доме, когда-то принадлежавшем священнику Г.И.Левитскому, мужу родной сестры будущего изобретателя радио. В этом доме юный Саша Попов жил в 1871 — 1873 годах, учась в Екатеринбургском духовном училище. Мемориальная комната, в которой представлены подлинные вещи XIX века, воссоздает быт того времени.

Yekaterinburg Fine Arts Museum — крупнейший художественный музей Урала, расположен на берегу реки Исети в Екатеринбурге, в историческом сквере города.

Свердловская картинная галерея была основана в 1936 году, в 1988 году переименована в Свердловский музей изобразительных искусств, а в 1992 году, с возвращением городу его исторического названия — в Екатеринбургский музей изобразительных искусств. Здание музея введено в эксплуатацию 9 мая 1986 года, проект разработан группой архитекторов во главе с Г. Белянкиным и А. Пташником.

Музей известен уникальной коллекцией каслинского художественного литья и всемирно известным Каслинским чугунным павильоном, получившим гран-при на Парижской выставке 1900 года и зарегистрированным в международном каталоге ЮНЕСКО как раритет — единственное в мире архитектурное сооружение из чугуна, находящееся в музейном собрании. За годы работы музей вырос в крупный культурный центр Екатеринбурга. Он ведёт активную просветительскую, научную, собирательскую деятельность.

Yekaterinburg History Museum ведет свою историю с 1940 года. После глобальной трансформации в 1995 году бывший Мемориальный музей Я.М. Свердлова обрел свое настоящее название.

Музей расположен в здании начала XIX века, которое является памятником истории и культуры. Основное здание было построено в 1820 году почтмейстером Г. Лайвашевским, флигель достроен в 1837 году горным инженером А. Г. Качкой. За время своего существования оно было гостиницей, дворянской усадьбой, доходным домом, жилым домом с коммунальными квартирами. В конце XIX — начале XX века в здании размещалась знаменитая частная библиотека С. А. Тихоцкой.

В 2004—2005 годах здание было реконструировано и значительно расширено.

«Metenkov House» Photography Museum — единственный на Урале музей фотографии. Находится в Екатеринбурге в доме известного фотолетописца Вениамина Леонтьевича Метенкова, памятнике истории регионального значения. Учреждён Музеем истории Екатеринбурга в 1998 году.

В начале XX века в этом здании размещались фотоателье, магазин и квартира.
Первый этаж каменный, второй — деревянный, что допускалось правилами застройки того времени.

Nevyansk Icon Museum
В экспозиции музея представлено около 300 икон. А всего в коллекции их более 600. Самая ранняя датируется 1734 годом, самая поздняя была написана в 1919 году. У многих из этих образов драматичная судьба - их жгли, по ним стреляли, рубили топорами, у святых ликов выцарапывали глаза и волосы. Некоторые подобные иконы отреставрированы (причем, уровню реставрации специалисты дают высокую оценку), а некоторые оставлены нетронутыми, как напоминание о том вандализме, который по историческим меркам еще совсем недавно лихорадил нашу страну.

Ural Geology Museum – музей при Уральском горном университете, содержащий богатую коллекцию геологических образцов Уральского региона. Насчитывает более 40 тысяч экспонатов. Имеет отделения минералогии, полезных ископаемых, петрографии, общей и исторической геологии.

Музей был открыт в августе 1937 года. Рождению музея способствовала проведение в Москве XVII сессии Международного геологического конгресса.

С самого начала своего существования Уральская геологическая выставка стала всемирно известной. Её первыми посетителями были делегаты Международного геологического конгресса из Франции, США, Китая, Англии, Италии, Индии.

United Museum of Ural Writers — литературно-мемориальный музей, один из крупнейших литературных музеев России. Находится в Екатеринбурге на улице Пролетарской.

Объединённый музей писателей Урала был создан в 1980 году на базе нескольких литературно-мемориальных музеев.

В 1993 году музей приобрёл статус муниципального учреждения культуры.

Функция музея: сбор, обработка и изучение материалов по истории литературы Урала.


Subscribe to news:

Специальные предложения
Номер для молодоженов
...

Travel
notes

details

Гостям на заметку
...

Our
contacts

details

Контакты